Going into the holiday season, it’s a good idea to preemptively get into shape since we are going to see lots of people and will have opportunities for lots of good food.
Weight management is like the opposite of your budget and savings, To save you have to spend less than you earn. To lose weight, you must eat less than you burn. Here are some creative lifestyle changes that will not change your life and allow you to loose weight.
1) Order a glass of wine instead of a hoppy micro-brewed beer.
2) Water at meals instead of soda.
3) Salad/fruit substitution instead of french fries.
4) Skip the candy bar: calculate how long it takes to run on a treadmill to burn off a fun sized bar.
5) Limit the snacks that are visible in your life, try to keep your home snack free.
6) Instead of melting a pound of bland cheese like mozzarella on your meal, sprinkle little bits of Parmesan or sharp cheddar or other flavor intense cheeses.
7) Cook at home during the week and save going out to dinner for weekends.